The Theatre of Business:
The Big Bite-Size Breakfast Show Story
For business leaders & key professionals, customer experience creators and theatre makers…
Are you looking to:
- Build a brand to win sales in a crowded market?
- Create experiences that keep your customers coming back and spreading the word about your business?
- Develop a capable, innovative and super-engaged team that performs brilliantly under pressure?
The annual Edinburgh Festival Fringe takes place over 4 weeks in August and features more than 55,000 performances of 3,548 different shows in 317 venues. The Big Bite-Size Breakfast Show grew from a handful of customers in a tiny venue to selling out a premier 270-seat venue for an entire month – at 10.30 in the morning! Nicholas will share lessons/tips from this journey that you can apply immediately to get the edge over your competitors, bring in new customers and transform your business.
In this 45 to 60-minute interactive keynote (or longer with implementation exercises):
- The power of creation stories and core values in building an inspired team.
- Creating a brand and an end-to-end customer experience that engages the senses.
- Turning the ordinary into the extraordinary to grow brand loyalty.
- Inspiring and empowering a team within parameters: what it really means.
- How to develop people to communicate with authentic presence and impact.
Why this session is so important in today’s business world…
In the modern business world, companies are fighting to build awareness and consideration for purchase of their products and services; they aspire to win the loyalty of customers through the standout experiences they create across multiple touchpoints of the customer journey.
It’s a no-brainer to work out that standout experiences can only be designed and delivered by leaders and employees from multiple generations who are fully engaged and aligned with the purpose of their organisation, as well as crystal clear on the roles they need to play. They need to know their stuff and be able to collaborate effectively, or any live performance soon turns into the wrong kind of farce.
“To achieve their best, people need to delight in their diversity
and want to put their heart and soul into what they do.”
Founded in 2003 in Brighton with its first short play production, ‘Bite-Size Plays®’ first appeared in Edinburgh in August 2006 in front of three people in a tiny 1st floor studio space at 10.30am in the morning. Doing the Edinburgh Fringe was a last-minute idea when a venue offered to open up early to allow the team to perform – too late to even be in the programme! With a team of actors and writers no-one had ever heard of, this new company had its work cut out…
The session tells the story of our journey over fourteen years of successful Festival and TV shows and some exciting, highly effective applied theatre projects in sports and business:
- To become the top-selling show in the 270-seat Pleasance Courtyard Forth venue, 5-star press acclaim year after year and numerous industry awards/nominations.
- The leadership challenges that needed to be overcome to get the best from people.
- Our international television series with Sky Arts.
- Creating immersive encounters and keynotes to help Brighton & Hove Albion FC develop their fan experiences for key fan/customer groups.
- Enabling a team of people living with disability to stage their own 5-star production.
- How the character-building methods we learnt helped transform the tenant experience for Glasgow Housing by creating reality-based immersive encounters.
- How our VerbatimPlayback® methods challenged two thousand leaders of a top-3 national retailer to truly live their values and develop trust with their employees.
- Creating bite-size plays to engage delegates with key messages at leadership conferences.
- Transforming the speaking performance of leaders and professionals of influence – online and in-person.
This session can be expanded with additional implementation exercises as required.
Speaker-Facilitator: Nicholas Brice
Nicholas is a seasoned online and face to face keynote speaker, facilitator and managing consultant who helps global, national and SME organisations deliver key strategies through their people. He is a member of the Professional Speakers’ Association and a multi-award-winning theatre producer and director, both on stage and TV.
His extensive experience has featured in many international blue-chip People First assignments with brands such as British Airways, American Express, Unipart and Sun International (Lost City and Atlantis) including the design and delivery of a performance ethos to underpin the development of Brighton & Hove Albion’s new venue the American Express Community Stadium and also advising Tottenham Hotspur FC on their new stadium programme, following which both stadiums achieved table-topping CX performance and revenue gains.
As the producer and director of The Big Bite-Size Breakfast Show for Edinburgh, London, Brighton, and Australian tours, Nicholas and his theatre group have won a range of top awards and nominations and received 5-star reviews year on year. He was also commissioned to create a series of Bite-Size Play productions for Sky Arts.
He is co-author of Brand Alchemy: Developing Successful Brands from the Inside Out and is a winner of three National Training Journal Gold Awards for change management, leadership development and learning partnership, as well as the best customer and employee engagement programme awards with Engage Media. His new book The Business of Soul will be released later this year.
“Nicholas is a thoughtful, inventive, flexible and excellent presenter and facilitator. His sessions are bright, fun and engaging and his presentation skills are very charismatic. In all Sky felt very happy with the events he managed, and we would have no hesitation in using him again.”
James Hunt, Director of Entertainment, Production and Sky Arts HD, BSkyB
“The work Nicholas did with us at Roman Way was terrific and made a real difference to the company and to the lives of lots of people. He has a unique style – highly engaging, impactful and persuasive. He has that rare ability as a presenter to bring home key strategic ideas and insights in a personal way. His inputs can bring about sustained changes in attitude and behaviour. Very highly recommended.”
John M Neill CBE, Chairman and Group Chief Executive Unipart Group
“Nicholas’ approachable and easy going-manner coupled with his insider industry knowledge and service expertise proved a real hit with our delegates. They are known for being a tough bunch – Nick was able to train and coach them and at times deliver difficult messages using a unique style of anecdote and humour.”
Anthony Coombes, Training Manager, British Airways & LOCOG